Is the opportunity to be open to the presence of the Divine in our lives and deepening the experience through sharing with another in a safe and confidential environment.
HOW DOES ONE ARRANGE FOR SPIRITUAL DIRECTION?
The following people are available for Spiritual Direction. You may contact them directly to inquire:
- William Cooley
- Rebecca Bass
- Maureen Connors
WHEN IS SPIRITUAL DIRECTION APPROPRIATE?
Spiritual direction is appropriate for anyone with a personal commitment to prayer, but especially
- when on desires to deepen an already existing relationship with God;
- when on is experiencing a significant transition or loss;
- when one’s prayer life seems stagnant or “stuck”;
- when one is discerning critical choices;
- when one’s vague restlessness leads to a search for something more.
NOTE: Spiritual Direction is not meant to be a substitute for psychological counseling
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM SPIRITUAL DIRECTION?
Spiritual Direction can enable a person to focus on and to articulate her or his experience of God in the myriad and mysterious ways in which God is present:
- in prayer and sacred writings of various faith traditions;
- in people and human relationships; in natural beauty of creation;
- in art and music;
- in the wonders inherent in the ordinary events of daily life.
The purpose of the first session is to explore the possibilities and desires regarding spiritual direction and is without cost or obligation.
During the first session, dates, time and cost for subsequent sessions can be discussed. Ability to pay is the guideline, usually between $40 and $60 per session with a sliding scale to $25.
WHO OFFERS SPIRITUAL DIRECTION?
- Spiritual Direction is a ministry offered by someone
- who is committed to his or her own ongoing and developing relationship with God;
- who is called to this ministry by others seeking spiritual guidance;
- who has been trained in a variety of ways inclusive of spirituality, theology, and psychology;
- who is trained accompany others in their search for the Divine.